Date(s) shown is the last date a store can sign-up to participate.
What Is It?
A Grand Prix Trial is a great way to introduce your Magic community to the excitement of Premier Play events.
A Magic Grand Prix Trial is a tournament that awards the winner a two-round bye to a corresponding upcoming Magic Grand Prix. This means the winner can bypass the first two rounds of the Grand Prix.
Advanced level and above stores are eligible to run 1 Grand Prix Trial each calendar month for any Grand Prix worldwide. Log in to Wizards Event Reporter for the current list of Grand Prix Trials available for scheduling at this time
Please read this information carefully before setting up your Grand Prix Trial:
- Magic Grand Prix Trials are not permitted to run on Prerelease weekends.
- Check the Pro Tour Qualifier Schedule and Grand Prix Schedule before setting up your GPT. We strongly recommend that you do not run your GPT on the same day as a PTQ or GP in your area.
- Format: Stores may choose the format for their Grand Prix Trial. Choose Sealed Deck, Standard, Modern, Block Constructed, or Legacy (if the Grand Prix is Legacy format). If you choose Sealed Deck, you may run the playoff rounds as either Sealed Deck or Booster Draft (see the Magic Tournament Rules for current product list for Limited).
- Premier Event: Tournament Officials (Store owner, organizer, judges, and/or scorekeeper) may not play in a Grand Prix Trial for which they are tournament officials.
- Rules Enforcement Level: Competitive
- Planeswalker Points Multiplier: 3x
- Certified Level 1 Judge Required: If you need help finding a judge in your area, your Regional Coordinator may be able to help.
- Complete information about each Magic Grand Prix is available on the Grand Prix page.