Warning: Illegal string offset 'thumbnail_type' in /home3/phdgames/public_html/wp-content/themes/magazon/st-framework/templates/single.php on line 48
Date is the last date a store can sign-up to participate.
What Is It?
A Preliminary Pro Tour Qualifier (PPTQ) is the first step toward the highest level of competitive Magic: The Gathering. The winner of your PPTQ earns an invitation to a Regional PTQ, where players will make their final bid for a spot on the Pro Tour.
PPTQs are open to anybody, except players who have already qualified for a Regional PTQ.
What Formats Can Be Run?
PPTQs can be run in Standard, Modern, or Sealed Deck.
Advanced level and above stores can run 1 PPTQ per Pro Tour (there are 4 Pro Tours each year).
PPTQs can be run at any time during the season (except Prerelease weekend).
Please read this information carefully before scheduling your Preliminary PTQ:
- Scheduling restrictions: PPTQs cannot be held on Prerelease weekends (3/21/15 to 3/22/15). Check the Premier Events schedule and the events schedules of other stores in your area before setting up your Preliminary PTQ. We strongly recommend that you do not run a PPTQ on the same weekend as a Grand Prix, Regional PTQ (when applicable), or other PPTQ in your area.
- Participation restrictions: Tournament Officials (store owners, judges, organizers, etc.) are prohibited from playing in PPTQs.
- Rules Enforcement Level: Competitive. Rules resources are available on the Rules and Documents page.
- Planeswalker Points Multiplier: 4x
- Judge requirement: PPTQs require a Level 2 judge. Instructions on finding a judge are located here. If you have trouble finding a judge, contact your Judge Program Regional Coordinator. You can contact your Regional Coordinator here.
- Reporting requirement: PPTQs must be scheduled, run, and reported with Wizards Event Reporter, and they must be reported within 48 hours of the event date.