What are Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Plasma Blast Prerelease tournaments?
Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Plasma Blast Prerelease tournaments allow players to receive and play with cards from the upcoming Black & White—Plasma Blast expansion up to two weeks before the set’s official release date!
Participation prizes are awarded to all finishers in each of three age divisions. Black & White—Plasma Blast Prereleases will use the 2013–2014 tournament season age divisions, which are:
- Junior Division: born in 2003 or later
- Senior Division: born in 1999, 2000, 2001, or 2002
- Masters Division: born in 1998 or earlier
Prerelease events are operated by independent Tournament Organizers across North America.
When are the Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Plasma Blast Prerelease tournaments?
Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Plasma Blast Prerelease tournaments are being held from July 27th through August 11th, 2013. Find times and locations of Black & White—Plasma Blast Prerelease events in your area.
Remember: while we update our events schedule often, we suggest that you contact the local Tournament Organizer to confirm event schedule information.
How much does the event cost?
Tournament Organizers set the entry fee for these events. Suggested entry fee is $30.00.
What are the prizes?
All players who complete the event will receive 2 additional booster packs of the Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Plasma Blast expansion.
All participants will receive a Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Plasma Blast Prerelease promo card and a Black & White—Plasma Blast deck box, while supplies last.
What do players need to know?
- Players need to bring their Player ID card, if they have one. If they don’t have a Player ID, one will be given to them at the event.
- See the Pokémon Tournament Rules for more information about what to bring to an event.
- Players should arrive on time. If they are late for registration, they may not be able to play in the event!
- To participate in the event, all players must be a player in good standing and abide by the Tournament Rules.
- See the Legal Notice for certain eligibility requirements and other information, including information concerning limitations on The Pokémon Company International’s liability.
What is the tournament structure?
The tournament is run using the Limited Format and Age-Modified Swiss pairings. See the Pokémon Tournament Rules for information about the Limited Format and Swiss. The number of Swiss rounds to be run will depend on total attendance at the event.