While the previous box set was liked for a lot of good reasons, it had issues with the quality of the 24 miniatures. It’s really exciting to see this new edition of the Introductory Set focused on that completely and the guys at Catalyst Game Labs spent the time, and resources, to generate all new molds so those miniatures would be of a much higher quality.
What does this mean?
- The printed material content is the same as the last edition which folks will be familiar with.
- The box is much sturdier which is another good plus.
- The biggest improvement, and I argue the most important when selling this dream of a game, is the quality of the miniatures.
- All the above is proof enough that this product has evolved very nicely making for a solid introduction set for this really cool game.
- 24 unpainted, ready-to-play plastic BattleMech minis
- 2 unpainted, premium-quality plastic BattleMech minis
- One 12-page full-color quick-start rulebook will have players into the action in minutes
- 36-page book of pre-generated BattleMech Record Sheets
- One 80-page full-color rulebook
- Inner Sphere at a Glance, a 56-page full-color book of universe background and BattleMech technical data
- One 16-page full-color Painting and Tactics Guide
- Two heavy-duty cards of compiled tables
- Two 18″ x 24″ game-board quality maps