Dungeon Fighter is a fully cooperative board game for one to six players that combines dexterity, adventure, and a healthy dose of humor. Dexterity you say? Oh yes! You’ll find yourself rolling and bouncing dice towards a target on the table. Thankfully they use special faced dice so your best friend can’t bring their jumbo sized metal dice to punch dents in your table! More about this later.
In Dungeon Fighter, players take on the roles of heroes venturing deep into a three-tier dungeon. Along their way, they explore the dungeon, search its many rooms, and face endless hordes of vicious monsters. The dungeon is laid out with tiles and there are multiple ways through the dungeon. Some short but with higher danger and others longer with more beneficial areas, such as a healing shrine.
How do you kill things?
Essentially the mechanic feels to me like “Twister” but dungeon rolling style. I get that same feeling of mounting out-of-control fun as the game progresses until everyone collapses in a heap of laughter. Keep a steady hand, a clear mind, and the team will emerge victorious or you’re going to fail hysterically! Either way it’s a lot of fun.
Dungeon Fighter: Fire At Will Expansion
Game board templates change the landscape of the target board, while props such as the firewall and the fire ring add new challenges to this light-hearted, dexterity-based board game.
- The first expansion to the light-hearted, dexterity-based board game Dungeon Fighter
- A new dungeon sheet shifts the action to a cavern in the fire mountains
- A new hero, Melissa, The Fire Sorceress is introduced
- New monsters, equipment cards, and a fire elemental die carry the fire theme into every aspect of game play
- Heroes can now accumulate experience points and use them to buy power cards
Dungeon Fighter: The Big Wave Expansion
- The second expansion to the light-hearted, dexterity-based board game Dungeon Fighter
- A new dungeon sheet transforms the dungeon into a swamp
- A new hero, the pirate Jack Parrot, is added to the group
- New monsters, including The Great Cthulhu, and new equipment cards integrate the water theme into every aspect of game play
- New props, templates, and water elemental dice add new dexterity challenges