Mage Wars was one of my most anticipated games. I’ve played Magic, spend hours pawing over beloved fantasy board games like Titan, Talisman and Lords of Waterdeep, played many roleplaying games, especially D&D, and have a never dieing passion for the fantasy genre. Mage Wars offered me a combination of all the things I liked.
This June Mage Wars turns it’s eyes north toward the Anvil Throne Mountains where the Dwarves are locked in conflict with Adramclech’s Warlocks. There is power deep in the mountains that neither wants to relinquish in a very Lord of the Rings, Mines of Moria way.
This Spell Tome Expansion highlights are:
- Two new alternative Mages with unique abilities, the Adramclech Warlock and the Warlord of the Anvil Throne.
- Multiple copies of the 41 new spells featured in this set including the legendary Sersiryx and the Harshforge Monolith
- New Rune Markers along with extra armor bonus tokens and spare condition markers
Note: Players will need to own a copy of the Mage Wars Core Set to play this expansion.
- Adramcleche Warlock Mage Card and Ability Card
- Warlord of the Anvil Throne Mage Card and Ability card
- 41 new spells (158 total spell cards)
- 10 condition markers
- 6 armor bonus tokens
- 5 new Rune Ability markers
Number of Players: 2+
Case Quantity: 24 units per case
Release: June 2014
Lets look at how to develop a Mage Wars game into a larger multi-player brawl! What would you need?
With Action Marker Set 2 you can add more players to the game and give them their own unique color of action markers.
- 10 Gray action markers
- 10 purple action markers
- 2 quickcast markers
A games success can be measured by it’s Organized Play support. OP drives participation, increases player spend and locks them into that game for a longer time. Most manufacturers now understand this and offer OP support at launch. Arcane Wonders has offered robust OP for Mage Wars from launch.
In Malignant Intentions players take part in the unraveling story the Mage Wars universe and everything you need to set up and run a league is contained in their OP kit.
- Two months worth of weekly promo cards and participation prizes for winners, good sports and even the event organizer.
- A rich unfolding story laid out every week in Arcane Wonder’s 12-page illustrated Mage Wars OP guide, complete with a regional map of Etheria.
- Players take direct control of the action when they report results.Every battle counts. Every game played directly impacts the overall story line.