When we launched the Army Painter competition we also announced we would be doing a staff miniature painting competition at the same time! Our stores can’t have all the fun, right?
Miniature painting experience varied. Two staff members (Scott and Rachel) painted for the very first time! Personally, I think they did amazingly well with very little instruction from the more experienced painters.
Enough of me rambling. Let’s take a look at their awesome miniatures and you tell us, on our Facebook page, which you think are the top three and why?
The PHD Miniature Painting Competition – Draft Format
- Each entrant had to bring a miniature of their choice to the draft.
- The miniature had to be no larger than a 40 mm base. Exactly like the main competition.
- Each entrant rolled a D20 and miniatures were drafted in descending result order.
- No entrant could choose their own miniature.
- On October 1, 2015 they started painting and had to have them ready for pictures and judging on October 30, 2015.
Your store might want to run a similar competition to test the skills of your painters. Alternatively, you could chose to highlight a line such as the Reaper Bones range, or focus on a vehicle rather than a miniature. Other ideas include small groups of miniatures, dioramas and extra points for great basing. All of these ideas will immerse players more and help generate extra sales.
If you’d like more ideas contact me, Ian Richards, at our Florida location.