Seasons is a tactical game of cards and dice which takes place in two phases:
The first phase “Prelude” consists of a card draft: the goal during this phase will be to establish own 9-card deck for the main part of the game and with it the strategy.
Once the Prelude is complete, each player must separate his 9 cards into 3 packs of 3 cards. He will begin the second phase of the game with his first pack of three cards, then gradually as the game progresses, he will receive the other two packets of three cards.
Next comes the Tournament: at the beginning of each round a player will roll the seasons dice (dice = number of players +1).
These cubes offer a variety of actions to the players:
- Increase your gauge (maximum number of cards you may have placed on the table and in play)
- Harvesting energy (water, earth, fire, air) to pay the cost of power cards
- Crystallizing the energy (during the current season) to collect crystals. Crystals serve both as a resource to pay for some cards, but also as victory points in the end.
- Draw new cards
Each player can choose only one die per turn. The die not chosen by anyone determines how many fields the “time track” would move forward.
In addition, all the dice are different depending on the season. For example, there are not the same energies to a particular season. Throughout the game, players will therefore have to adapt to these changes – also the “exchange rates” of energy to crystals vary during seasons – the energy not present on the dice in any given season is also the best paid during the season.
At the end of the game, the crystals are summed with victory points granted by the cards (minus some penalties, where applicable). The highest score wins.
- Superior artwork
- Tons of different strategies of game play.
- Mix cards to create unique combinations to give you more chances to win.
- Manage your energy between seasons and adapt your game play
- 3 different difficulty levels in one game!
Time: 45 minutes
Video review: From BoardtoDeath.TV
Seasons: Enchanted Kingdom
Enchanted Kingdom – the first expansion pack for Seasons – features 40 new Power cards compatible with the 100 cards from the base game, 10 Enchantment cards to make every game an even more unique experience, and 12 Special Ability tokens that add a personal touch to your sorcerer.
Note: This is not a standalone game. You must have the Seasons base game in order to play this expansion.
- More cards for added variety and new combinations.
- New rules to add challenge and player interaction.
- The artwork is a must-see with renowned artists involved.