So you want to field a Star Destroyer? Done! You want to see a fur ball of Tie-Fighters swarming around Rebel frigates? Done! You want to decide the fate of the galaxy with your expertly timed tactics? Done!
Star Wars Armada is the new pre-painted, miniatures game coming out from Fantasy Flight Games that allows you to go head-to-head with your opponent in a truly epic scale. You have probably played or at least seen Fantasy Flight’s X-Wing game and want to start drawing comparisons between X-Wing and Armada. The difference should be significant. Yes, they are both pre-painted, tactical miniature games set in the Star Wars universe, but the game mechanics are different. Below is a list of some of the gaming features for Armada.
- The larger your capital ship, the longer it takes to react
- Multilayered defenses (shields, hull, defense tokens)
- A tactical need to balance multiple systems on your ships like, defense, armaments, and engines
- Defense tokens that you can spend to modify your defenses or take evasive maneuvers
- Set hidden command actions
- A really cool, dynamic maneuver tool for capital ships
- Intuitive dials to track stats on ships
- Objectives with special rules that will change your mission during each game
Intuitive Tracker Dials
An X-wing squadron is shown connected to its base which tracks its remaining hit points (shown here at “5”) and whether or not it has activated. Here, the blue tab on the left of the base indicates that the squadron has not yet activated. Once the squadron has activated, the tab is pushed through to the other side and displays its orange end.
In Star Wars: Armada, you command the unmatched power of the Imperial fleet, or gain the opportunity to prove your tactical acumen as an admiral in the Rebel Alliance. Massive Star Destroyers fly to battle against Rebel corvettes and frigates. Banks of turbolasers unleash torrential volleys of fire against squadrons of X-wings and TIEs.Fantasy Flight Games
- Articulated maneuver tool
- Range ruler
- 6 command dials
- 9 attack dice
- 10 unpainted squadrons
- 1 pre-painted Victory-class Star Destroyer
- 1 pre-painted Nebulon-B frigate
- 1 pre-painted CR90 Corellian corvette
- More than 130 cards and tokens.