A World at War completes the Advanced Third Reich/Empire of the Rising Sun game system, refining and clarifying the rules in every area of the game. Fifteen years of design and relentless playtesting have resulted in a polished, proven game, which includes the following:
- Named ships, allowing players to sink (or lose!) the Bismarck, Yamato, New Jersey and other famous ships.
- Naval construction rules which allow major powers to build the navy they think will suit their strategic requirements.
- Mobilization rules which allow major powers to tailor their army and air force pools to meet their needs – provided they anticipate them accurately.
- Oil rules which force the Axis to worry about their inadequate oil reserves even when victory is within their grasp
- Simplified diplomatic rules which allow minor countries to align themselves with various major powers.
Release: August 2013