Players: 2 • Ages: 14+ • Play time: 45–60 min.
June, 1944. Through the D-Day landings, the Allies have seized a foothold on the beaches of Normandy. Now you must lead your troops forward as you push deeper into France and drive the German forces back. You will face intense resistance, machine-gun fire, and mortar bombardment, but a great commander can turn the situation to their advantage!
Publisher: Osprey Games
Item Code: OSPGAM029
Undaunted: Normandy is a deck-building game that places you and your opponent in command of American or German forces, fighting through a series of missions critical to the outcome of World War II. Use your cards to seize the initiative, bolster your forces, or control your troops on the battlefield. Strong leadership can turn the tide of battle in your favor, but reckless decisions could prove catastrophic, as every casualty you take removes a card from your deck. Take charge amidst the chaos of battle, hold fast in the face of opposition, and remain undaunted.
- 108 Cards
- 18 Large map tiles
- Campaign booklet
How to Play
Reviews & Publicity
A superb and evocative strategy game tucked into the tightest of rule sets… Not only is it the greatest World War II game to come out in forever, it’s deliciously cheap… The final missions are so rich and nuanced and fascinating that I would happily play any of these as standalone matches… I could not be more excited for Undaunted: North Africa, which is coming out later this year… I honestly don’t have any criticisms of this game. It is so entertaining, so simple, so clever, and so cheap.
— Shut Up and Sit Down (228k subscribers)
Undaunted is a brilliantly accomplished design, offering an engrossing WWII wargame in the guise of an approachable deckbuilder. From its immersive campaign to its tight and tense squad-level gameplay, it’s a flying success.
— Tabletop Gaming Magazine (circulation c. 14,000)
This is a great game… I’m gonna give Undaunted: Normandy a strong, strong 8 out of 10.
— The Dice Tower (232k subscribers)
Undaunted: Normandy is by far the best wargame I’ve played in a long time… This is not just the kind of game that I love; it is the kind of game that the hobby needs!
— Marco Omnigamer (19.6k subscribers)
This is the perfect marriage of mechanics and theme and fun. This is a fantastic game; I cannot recommend it enough.
— The Discriminating Gamer (10.4k subscribers)
I really think it’s a fun, great system. There’s a certain elegance to the gameplay, which is a term that is thrown around a lot, but you know, darn it, this really works here.
— DriveThruGames (29.2k subscribers)
The abstraction of infantry combat with deckbuilding is a stroke of genius, leaving a tactically and strategically rich game.
— There Will Be Games
It’s got a lot of great systems in it. If you just want a game you can take somewhere and play with someone else, very quickly, with a lot of cool mechanisms, then Undaunted hits that spot.
— No Pun Included (32k subscribers)
- 12/2019 Reviewed in Tabletop Gaming’s Best Games of 2019 magazine (circulation c. 14k)
- 12/2019 The Discriminating Gamer (10.7k subscribers) – #1 in Cody & Han’s Top Ten Games of 2019 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oYmMpqn_sA
- 12/2019 The Discriminating Gamer (10.7 subscribers) – #5 in the Top Ten Historical Wargames video – https://youtu.be/9P0VavV_YSA?t=609
- 08/2019 JonGetsGames! (24k subscribers) – playthrough and tutorial – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgbtJFbyUZw
- 08/2019 JonGetsGames! (24k subscribers) – extended playthrough – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOKB6SPNaAw
- 08/2019 Board Game Geek liveshow (7.5k subscribers on Twitch)
- 08/2019 No Enemies Here feature (1.2k subscribers) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c_4T5cqxbk and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfgk8ShjU7M