Root: The Marauder Expansion introduces two new factions to the Woodland—the Lord of the Hundreds and Keepers in Iron—alongside four hirelings and a new setup draft suitable for both casual and competitive play.
Play as the:
- Lord of the Hundreds — Oppress the Woodland and burn it to the ground if need be. You suffer no dissent.
- Keepers in Iron — Lead your exiled order of devout knights into battle to recover ancient relics. For glory!
Discover unique strategies and make the Woodland wilder by adding hirelings! These small factions can be used at any player count and introduce surprising new power combinations as well as a chess-like tension to lower-player-count games of Root.
- Forest Patrol & Feline Physicians — Secure your realm and heal deadly injuries with Marquise elites.
- Last Dynasty & Bluebird Nobles — Crush your foes and prove your legitimacy with the last Eyrie regiment.
- Spring Uprising & Rabbit Scouts — Revolt against despots and fight for freedom with Alliance sympathizers.
- The Exile & The Bandit — Stalk the forests and steal what you need with these Vagabond mercenaries.
Root: The Clockwork Expansion 2 adds four new automated opponents.
Compete against the: Lizard Cult, Riverfolk Company, Corvid Conspiracy, and Underground Duchy. Also, it contains new trait cards to spice up the factions from the first Clockwork expansion. To use this product, you must have the Underworld and/or Riverfolk expansions.
Need allies? Here they are, fiery and fierce. Discover unique strategies and make the Woodland wilder by adding hirelings. It’s best with fewer players—and great with more! Hirelings can be added to games at any player count. With fewer players, the hirelings add new pieces to the map, ramping up the tension and giving you more tactical options. With more players, some hireling cards will flip over to reveal new special abilities to gain, letting you explore unique and powerful strategies. The Hireling box can be used to store all your hirelings.
Bring the Woodland to life with landmarks! Each landmark offers players new strategic challenges and tactical possibilities. Best of all, they work with each of Root‘s four maps!
The Landmark Pack includes four screen-printed wood landmarks:
- Barter for anything you need at the Black Market.
- Find new friends and followers in the Lost City.
- Craft a masterwork at the Legendary Forge.
- Sit proud upon the grand throne in the Elder Treetop.