This is the Blade Runner Roleplaying Game. It’s a neon noir wonderland that will take your breath away, one way or another—an evocative world of conflicts and contrasts that dares to ask the hard questions and investigate the power of empathy, the poison of fear, and the burden of being human during inhumane times. It’s an iconic and unforgiving playground of endless possibilities that picks you up, slaps you in the face, and tells you to wake up. Time to live. Or time to die.
The official Blade Runner RPG will propel players into the streets of Los Angeles as Blade Runners with unique specialties, personalities…and memories. The core game and its line of expansions will push the boundaries of investigative gameplay in tabletop RPGs, giving players a range of tools to solve an array of cases far beyond retiring Replicants.
Beyond the core casework, the RPG will both in setting and mechanics showcase key themes of Blade Runner—action, corporate intrigue, existential character drama, and moral conflict—that challenge player characters to question their friends, empathize with their enemies, and explore the perseverance of hope and humanity.
The boxed Starter Set for the official Blade Runner Roleplaying Game contains everything you need to start playing.
- A 80-page condensed rulebook. The game mechanics are based on the acclaimed Year Zero Engine, but further developed and uniquely tailored for Blade Runner.
- The 56-page booklet Electric Dreams—the first full-length Case File for Blade Runners to crack.
- Four pre-generated characters to play.
- A huge, full-color map of Los Angeles in 2037 in format 864mm × 558mm.
- 26 Full-color evidence handouts for the players to pore over, including crime-scene photos, data files, documents, maps, and more.
- A custom manila envelope for the players to keep their evidence safe in.
- A Time-tracker sheet.
- 70 High-quality custom cards for non-player characters, chase maneuvers and obstacles, and initiative in combat.
- Eight engraved, transparent custom dice—two each of D6, D8, D10 and D12.