Gather round, family… In the mountains of central Appalachia, blood runs as deep as these hollers and just as dark. Since before our kind wandered into these hills, hearts of unknowable hunger and madness have slumbered beneath them. These are the oldest mountains in the world. How dare we think we can break the skin of a god and dig out its heart without also calling blood and darkness?
The Old Gods of Appalachia Roleplaying Game delves into the Alternate Appalachia of the award-winning, ultra-popular horror podcast. This world’s unique take on cosmic horror is personal and intimate and heavily steeped in atmosphere—and the RPG gives you everything you need to run immersive, narrative, and deeply chilling games.
- A “Most-Anticipated RPG of 2023”—comicbook.com, EN World, CBR, geeknative, and tens of thousands of gamers!
- A complete, standalone game with everything you need to play.
- The enormously popular Old Gods of Appalachia fiction podcast has zillions of dedicated fans—particularly among gamers.
- This beautiful hardcover is loaded with detailed lore and stunning, evocative art.
- Powered by the flexible, narrative, easy-to-learn Cypher System, which has continues to skyrocket in popularity!
Create characters, explore Alternate Appalachia, and access the easy-to-learn Cypher System rules that power the Old Gods of Appalachia Roleplaying Game. This handy Player’s Guide provides an easy, inexpensive way to have multiple copies of the game’s most important player-facing content at the game table.
- The Old Gods of Appalachia Roleplaying Game is a “Most-Anticipated RPG of 2023” per comicbook.com, EN World, CBR, geeknative, and tens of thousands of gamers!
- For groups that only buy one or two core books, this is something that every player will want!
- Contains the basic game rules for this immersive, narrative RPG of cosmic horror, plus an overview of the atmospheric Alternate Appalachia setting. Particularly handy for character generation!
- An easy upsell to core-book buyers and an inexpensive way for the curious to get a taste of the game.